This post is brought to you by my desire to be lazy this morning—because even though we're now halfway through March, spring is stubbornly refusing to come join us…today is barely 40 and very windy, and we're even going to see a night or two below freezing this week. Meanwhile, back home in Iowa, they're going to be above 80 tomorrow. That "8" is not a typo, unfortunately—but at least we've been warm enough to melt most of the snow, although a little has been lingering in a corner of my front yard that doesn't get much sunlight. This countdown is for real, though.
Despite the less-than-ideal weather, I'm still making an effort to end my usual winter hibernation (which never really even got into its full swing this year) and start exploring again. Recent weeks have included many a spring press preview, a trip to both the ballet and a favorite off-broadway theater, Orchid Night at the New York Botanical Gardens (though the grounds were smothered in snow at the time), an ass-kicking workout at The Fhitting Room that left me sore—in the best way—for two days after, an intro party for this year's Spring Street Social Society members and a meet-and-greet with one of Instagram's most famous dogs yesterday. So, this year is off to a pretty decent start…although I do need to be getting a few more workouts in somehow, because eventually we'll get some beach weather, right?
Anyway, though I've not had much time for blogging lately (let's just say there have been a few too many nights lately where I fall asleep with all the lights on before I even wash my face), I have been bookmarking some things around the web that I wanted to share!
- The other side of getting healthy–and how it can make you financially un-healthy.
- The Scam of Olive Oil, and how to avoid it.
- Why writers should talk about where their money comes from. I think this should stretch to blogs, too.
- Fascinated by this blog. What would you save if your house burned down, and what does it say about you?
- This is not a new concept, but why you should aim to create more than you consume.
- 10 Truths You Need to Accept to Get Good With Money (yes, I visit Chelsea Fagan's witty and smart blog daily).
- Really intrigued by this investing app. Have you tried it? What do you think?
- How to freeze herbs so they last.
- This topic isn't new, either, but one that still needs examined—on why "busy" is a sickness.
- Opting Out of Motherhood. While I'm glad to see this topic is becoming less taboo, I still dislike that women have to defend their personal choices.
- And, speaking of motherhood, 10 questions to ask your mother.
- Zappos has a killer selection of Converse sneakers for the spring and summer.
- Speaking of shoes, it's no secret Loeffler Randall makes some of my favorites, and their SS '15 collection is no exception.
- Remember those rag & bone shorts that were everywhere last year? They're back—I'm already planning to scoop up a pair.
- Madewell's got a great selection of sunglasses right now—these ones remind me of sunshine incarnate!